Shown here is activity in the constuction of the Harold Hassinger fruit house in 1939. Shown left to right (upper): Donald and Harry Seebold and “Pet” Umholtz. Shown left to right (lower): Harry Wagner, Bill Wagner, Raymond “Buck” Zechman. Pet is operating a scoop being pulled by Harold Hassinger’s Caterpillar. Many thousands of cubic feet of red shale were evacuated and later a large cinder block fruit house was erected. This structure collapsed a number of years ago. A photo of the finished fruit house was published in an earlier Beavertown News.